Autoimmune Disorders Community
autoimmune diseases

autoimmune diseases

I have Celiac and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. Also Fibromyalgia, slightly enlarged heart, vocal cord dysfunction, acid reflux disease, high blood pressure. I have gained almost 80 pounds in the past five years since all these problems came about (never having a weight problem my entire life, I am 56).  I'm extremely tired all the time and my Endocrinologist says my thyroid is functioning fine on the medication and my MD says my BP is good since taking medication. What can I do (beside the obvious) to get more energy? I get very weak and winded if I do too much activity but I do all the housework etc. Bicycling was my exercise but now I have bersitis in one hip and was told to stop for awhile to give it a rest.  I laugh as I type this, my 82 year old mother is healthier than I am.  If anyone has a suggestion for a vitamin or mineral to take I would love to hear about it.  Maybe a drink of some kind?  I am so limited with the celiac disease.  
  Hi I am Ted.  I am a 36 year old male from Michigan.  I was diagnosed with Hashimotos in May of 07 and started on thyroid medications.  I feel worse now than I ever have.  I have had so many medical tests done.  I feel tired all the time, my eyes feel dry, severe abdominal pains, joint and muscle pains just to name a few.
  I just had a colonoscopy and endoscopy and it showed no tumors or pollups.  It did show irritation in my small intestine and colon.  I am getting bloodwork done soon to test for celiacs/ auto-immune diseases.  I don't know why it takes doctors so long to make the connection since Hashimotos is an auto-immune disease it is likely that there are more organs being affected.
  The funny thing is that my PCP tried telling me it was panic and anxiety.  Anxiety comes and goes.  What I have is all day everyday.  Like you stated in your paragraph above, I feel like I am 80 yrs old and I am only 36.  My brother in law has been operated on for cancer three times and he is up and around more than I am.
HI , I have Raynauds, Hashimotos Fibromyalgia, and osteoarthritis. Do you have any others in your family with autoimmune disorders. I have found many in my family.I think there is a connection somewhere.
I know you feel I have been sick for years and my brother thank god has been through stem cell for cancer, seen the light at the end of the tunnel and just realized there is no light at then end of mine.  I will always be in pain.  When I first got sick they could not tell me what was wrong, then suggestions and bad drugs (medications to go with their hypothesis which made it worse and cause other problems.)    
Long story short nearly died, they found by luck a disease with no real answers and supposedly a pill would take care of symptoms. the doctor that found it does not treat patients.  so the disease got worse progressed to full blown auto-immune , question of hasimoto disease.  which brings me to a question, can you tell me more symptoms that
are related to this disease specifically.  see it has come to my attention along with fibromyalgia unless I want to help myself no one else will and i have to find a way out of this pain.  please help.  Do you have any facial pain?