high CRP
I have a CRP reading of 108 at the moment and red swollen rashes, these come and go on my arm legs and stomach. hospitals done all normal test on luck any ideas, I am fed up now
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
351246 tn?1379685732
Hi!
A high C-Reactive protein can be an indication of infection, inflammation, dental problem, arthritis, increased risk of heart problems, increased risk of cancers etc. A high C-Reactive protein should be evaluated ASAP.
High CRP with red swollen rashes could be due to inflammation of veins or vasculitis. Vasculitis is basically inflammation of arteries and veins. This includes cutaneous small-vessel vasculitis which affects skin, & kidneys; Wegener's granulomatosis which affects nose, lungs, kidneys; Churg–Strauss syndrome which affects lungs, kidneys, heart, skin; Kawasaki disease which affects skin, heart, mouth, eyes; Buerger's disease which affects leg arteries and veins. Diagnosis is by demonstrating increased erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR), C-reactive protein (CRP), antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody (ANCA) levels, white blood cell count and eosinophils. Anemia is also present along with hematuria or blood in urine. Blood vessel inflammation in the biopsy of involved organ or tissue, such as skin, sinuses, lung, nerve, and kidney confirms diagnosis. Treatment generally involves steroids and immunosuppressive drugs. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral.
Take care!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Autoimmune Disorders Community Resources