Autoimmune Disorders Community
is this autoimmune Disorders

is this autoimmune Disorders

a couple of months ago, my hairdress noticed bald spots on my head.  I had it checked out but was told "well, it is growing back.  But growing back white and just in different areas of my head. I have a streak of white hair while the rest of my hair is grey and i'm still getting bald spots. I also have develop arthitic in my thumb and toe joints. I also have bad diarrhea at least 5 times a week. my biggest concern is I have memory issues, I can't remember what people say to me or I will forget to do something and this is affecting my job.

i hope someone can help me.

thanks,

kerry
Hi Kerry,
And welcome to MedHelp.

Yes, it is possible you have an autoimmune disease.  One of the many test for this is an ANA.  Be sure and spend time in the sun prior to this test.(maybe an hour or so before)  If you have lupus, it will cause the ANA to be elvated.  This could help out with the usually long process of diagnosing an autoimmune disorder.

Another disorder that is similar is celiac disease.  This is a glutton intollerance, which can cause diarhhea and joint pain along with fatigue.  I'm not sure it can cause the alopecia (hair falling out).  

Hope this helps out.