Autoimmune Disorders Community
please help...

please help...

hello,
i am 22 years old and i have been pregnant three times. i have always been generally healthy and live a happy life with my husband. we conceived our first baby in late june of 2008. when i was 20 weeks pregnant, i suddenly went into labor. i hospitalized and put on medications to stop my contractions. on the second day my water broke and my son was delivered, he died 22 minutes later. i hemorrhaged and also had an infection called chorioamnioitis (sp?) doctors said infection probably occurred from being in labor and being dilated for 2 days but they were not sure. incompetent cervix was ruled out. since no other problems seemed to appear they said it was safe to try again in about 6 months. 8 months later i got pregnant and miscarried when i was 5 weeks. we decided to try one more time after that. i was taken care of by a maternal fetal specialist who saw me once a week and a high risk doctor who saw me every 2 weeks with hopes that if anything went wrong, they would catch it. our daughter did wonderful, everything looked normal and my cervix was checked every week. i have re occurent yeast infections but other than that everything was good. at 16 weeks, i went into labor suddenly, was hospitalized, doctors decided my labor was progressing too quickly to try to stop it. 9 hours later, our daughter was still born. she has no problems other than a brain hemorrhage which doctors said was probably caused because of how tiny she was. only problem they found with me was the umbilical cord only had 2 vessels, i was clear of all infections. shortly after losing our 3rd, i went back to see my maternal fetal specialist and he ordered some blood test. my ana and ssb blood test came back positive. he expressed worry of lupus and sjorgens syndrome. i went to see my pcm who also ran some test and found out my inflammation levels were elevated i was put on prednisone and that resolved itself. i was then referred to a rheumatologist, ran several tests, lupus was negative and he had no other ideas or help from me. i am being sent to unc for further medical treatment this month and was wondering if anyone else has any ideas.. any clues as to what may be going on with me. i have severe back pain, my upper back hurts even when i breath, i get tired very easily, my joints in my hands because red and swollen randomly and i have classic symptoms of sjorgens but doctor said because i tested positive for ssb and negative for ssa there is something else going on. someone please help, i am desperate!
Megan I am so sorry to hear what you have been threw. When I was your age (now 49) I had gone threw what you are going threw now yet back then they had no idea what was wrong.

Have your Doctors run a test for a thing called Anticardiolipid Antibodies, thats what I have. This is why we lost all of our children.

Hope it helps.
i have been tested for that when i wasn't pregnant and it was negative. i am not sure if it could possibly because positive only when i become pregnant. my doctor said it is possible to be positive for that and negative for lupus but i tested negative for both.