Autoimmune Disorders Community
urticaria vasculities, angiodema, fatigue, hairloss, weird blood result...

urticaria vasculities, angiodema, fatigue, hairloss, weird blood results

I have had chronic hives and major swelling of the lips, tounge, fingers, toes, even my skull, since the last week of January.  I was on steroids and antihistimes without any relief.  The allergist did blood tests and found my IgE levels were very high so he gave me a shot of Xolair to combat them to see if they would stop hives.  It did not.  He did more blood work and saw my IgG levels were high, my white blood count was high and I tested positive for ANA.  I was then sent to a dermatologist who did a biopsy and more blood work. The biopsy showed Urticaria Vasculities and blood showed my SPEP levels were off and he suggested a hemotologist...I am at loss for words and at the end of the rope.  I have lots of weird things that have been going on with me besides hives, like loss of hair, major sweating, tingeling in my fingers and arms, thowing up, stomach pains, diarhea (diarrhea), bad memory, headaches, hallucinations, trouble sleeping, extreme fatigue.. please help!
Hi!
Iron deficiency is the commonest cause of hair loss. Iron deficiency can be due to poor intake or poor absorption or due to hidden loss from bleeding as is seen in UTI and gut problems like IBS. The cause of anemia has to be found out by various blood tests as your SPEP levels are off. Thyroid disorders and diabetes too could be a cause of all your symptoms as also insomnia, stress and anxiety.  Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!