Sjorgens Syndrome
Hello, can you tell me if shortness of breath is symptom  of Sjorgens Syndrome?  I have had SS for over 10 years. When I walk up stairs I become winded.  Also, sometimes when I am go to bed and just lay in the bed I am short of breath?  Are these SS symptoms?

If so, what type of treatment could I obtain for this problem?

Thanks.
Yes, it could.  Other glands besides the tear glands (causing the characteristic symptom of eye dryness and eye irritation, decreased tear production, a "gritty" sensation that can become inflamed) in Sjögren's syndrome include those of the lining of the breathing passages (leading to lung infections) and the vagina (sometimes causing pain during intercourse or recurrent vaginal infections).  These latter pulmonary S/S could easily result in shortness of breath.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.