Baby Dust Buddies - TTC and Pregnancy after a Loss User Group
Belly Buddies - 10/25/10
About This Group:

Our TTC and Pregnancy after a Loss Group is a Public Group for women to share their conception journeys after a miscarriage. From starting over after a loss; surviving the two week wait; dealing with a BFN; celebrating the coveted BFP and making it through nine months of worry. Baby dust is sprinkled joyfully and liberally all around.

Founded by bam1014 on September 25, 2009
475 members

Belly Buddies - 10/25/10

More babies and more BFP's!!!

Buns already done:
YogoChick - Ziva - 1/16/10
MiaIvan - June - 1/16/10
GMB - BOY - 3/15/10
tinkerbell101 - Daniel - 3/30/10
Msteri - Chole - 4/30/10
EricaB28 - Emma - 5/18/10
Princessa745 - Jeyden
Steph9803 - Gavin (sending lots and lots of prayers your way!!!)
LiLinz - Thomas - 7/7/10
Natalie910 - Samuel - 7/12/10
HeatherLF16 - Frank - 7/21/10
Steph_b - Ashlynn - 7/30/10
Peterjl - Sarah - 7/30/10
TCGirl - ???
TeddiH - Soraya - 9/10/10
rachaellou06 - Imogen - 10/7/10
szw2008/Sam - Jacob - 10/7/10
Nikkij6577 - Michael - 10/9/10
cocacolapanda/Amy - Nori - 10/11/10
Dmarie/Dana - Brayden - 10/11/10
nunu/Vanessa - James - 10/20/10

Buns still in the oven:
missmyangel/Theresa - 39W - Boy - 10/30/10
Youngmum20 - 39W - 10/31/10
Pips - 39W - Girl - 11/1/10
annalc - 39W - Boy - 11/5/10
babyhope8/Ana - 36W - 11/25/10
trying_x_3 - 35W - 12/3/10
1angelbabym/Gina - 34W - Girl - 12/9/10
lori0615 - 33W - 12/13/10
Gailybaby - 31W - 12/26/10
need_answers - 31W - 12/29/10
bam1014/bridgette - 29W - GIRL - 1/8/11
deedee4321 - 29W - 1/15/11
anxiouslywaiting/Tausha - 25W - BOY - 2/7/11
iloveyson23 - 23W - 2/21/11
Dani711 - 22W
andreasmom - 21W - 3/10/11
princessjam/Jamie - 21W - 3/12/11
Megs2Girls7/Meghan - 20W
tiffh - 18W
Wannababy10 - 18W
1975Sam - 19W
Amber 623 - 16W
Tiger63/Stacey - 9W - 5/28/11 (2nd time on the list!!!)
bernie40/Helen - 6w - 6/18/11 (YAY Helen!!!!)
GinaGi - 4w - 7/3/11 - (CONGRATS Gina Gi!!!)

Sorry if I missed anyone, just let me know and I'll catch you on the next one :)
Great job as always Bridgette :) your the best!!
Yay Gina!!!  I am happy to see you on the list girl! :)  Congrats Stacey and Helen! :)

Bridgette...great job on the list!  I can't believe I am done being pregnant and have my baby now...seems like time went so slow but fast at the same time.  Now he's already 2 weeks old!

He managed to gain weight so the Drs were happy.  He's been a great eater so I'm sure he will have a big jump at his next appointment in 2 weeks.  

Post partum check up went well.  I'm considering using Mirena for b/c....anyone have an opinion??

Still no change in my face really...have another appointment today for that.  It's quite painful at times :(
OMW! look how close we are to the top! ahhhh so exciting jsut 47 days to wait for our baby girl..... I can not believe time has gone so fast! wow!
Congrats to all the new BFP's exciting times ahead! good luck wiht your pregnancies.
And to the new mommies, I can not wait to join you but enjoy every moment even the screaming at 2 in the morning... :)
Dana that's great that he is gaining weight. I hate that you are having issues, what causes that? Is it typical after birth? Hopefully you are back to normal soon... In the mean time enjoy hanging out with your little man :)

Bridgette your shower pics were great looked like you had lots of fun... I am so ready for mine lol but it's not until Dec 4th, I'm trying not to buy to much until after the shower.
Yay to all of the BFP's!!  Thanks Bridgette for the new list!  It is so weird seeing my name get closer to the top...only 43 days until D-Day!

My update...let's see.  I have one more biweekly appt. on Nov. 5th and they will do a quick scan to see if Ava is in the right position (she is face forward right now) and to check her fluid levels.  I start the weekly visits the week after that.  She has her head in my bladder, constantly pushing on it making walking painful, and her feet are in my ribs; I really don't think she sleeps much anymore either.  My tummy is always moving and jumping or having something poke out of it and at night she keeps me awake doing summersaults and of course, pushing on my bladder, lol!!  I hope she sleeps once she gets here!!  

Good luck to everyone!!
Good morning all ... Just a very quick note and I will update later.  Chloe Ann arrived on Monday, October 25th.  It was certainly not the easy birth I anticipated, but I have my little girl, so all is good in the end!  I was discharged last night from the hospital, but unfortunately Chloe is still there in the NICU.  She will most likely be discharged on Friday though.  No biggies ... just sugar issues.

I'll try to get online and update today while at the hospital.  I should be able to add some pics with that new app as well.

HI ladies- Just stopping by to say hi.  I hope your all doing well.  I cna't believe how much the list has changes since the last time I was on!!! so exciteing!
Pips Congrats on the birth of your baby girl!  Hope she is doing well!!

Tausha: my dr. thinks it's just from a viral infection but that I was more suseptible to it because of the c-section/surgery and my immune system being down.  I am now going to start acupuncture and physical therapy for electrial stimulation...yow!  Hopefully it will help speed up the process!  I am noticing slight improvement.  It is my goal to be able to smile by Christmas time!!  LOL!

Congrats to the new mommies and the new bfp's!!

We had our anatomy scan today and found out we are having a handsome little BOY!! We are super excited!!
I no longer have a low lying placenta, and I am officially off of pelvic rest...Yay!! We are naming our little boy Hudson, as we have had this name picked out for quite some time now...

Hope everyone is enjoying their pregnancies and good luck to those close to delivery!!
Pips we need pictures =)

Dana praying you are sporting a beautiful smile for Christmas!!

Wanna- Congrats on yur little boy!!  Lokks like we have way more boys coming than girls.

I am starting to realize that I have spent this whole pregnancy worrying at first I was so afraid I was gonna lose him and then so afraid he would have DS and now goodness I don't have that much longer left!!!  Time is just flying by!!  I can't wait to have him safely in my arms!!
Hello all!  I can't believe it's been a whole week since Chloe's birth and I still haven't posted the birth story!  Well, here it goes...

I went in for a scheduled induction on Sunday, October 24th.  The pitocin was started around 9:15 pm.  They didn't get to aggressive with the pit until I had at least 4 hours of antibiotics on board because I was positive for Strep B.  My OB came in to check on me once I was all set up,.  He came in just for me, no other patients admitted ... how cool is that!  He was dressed in a t-shirt and shorts.  Too funny!  He asked the nurse to break my water at 1am, and start an epidural whenever I wanted one.  I was 3 cm dialated and 50% effaced.

I had regular contractions at that point, but nothing too awful.  I definetly wanted the epidural before my water was broken, but didn't feel a huge need for it yet either, so I was torn.  At 2am I went ahead and asked for the epidural because it seemed they were waiting for that to move forward with breaking the water.  I finally got the epidural at 4am and they broke my water at 5 am.  Way behind schedule in my opinion.  The pitocin was also only turned up to a 4 at this point, which is apparently pretty low.  When my water broke, they also discovered that there was meconium in the water, but only a staining of the water so not as bad as it could be.

The OB came back in around 7:30 and said he was shocked I was still pregnant and he hadn't been called... he expected (as did I) things to go much faster.  He checked me and I was still at a 3 and 50% effaced ... I was like "you've got to be fricken kidding me".  So they cranked up the pitocin and things started progressing finally.

This is where I lose track of time.  I'm not sure when they checked me and when I started really progressing, but I know it was about 3 hours or so later when I was a 7-8 and by noonish I was almost fully dilated.  This is also when Chloe's heart started having huge dips with each contraction.  By now I also had an internal monitor for the contractions, so they used that catheter to put IV fluid back into the uterus, which helped a little, but not enough.  The nurses also discovered that Chloe was transverse (turned sideways) ... the little snot!  The OB came over and Chloe was delivered with forceps at 12:35 pm.  He was able to turn her and we also then discovered that the cord was wrapped around her shoulders and she had a knot!  She made a squeek of a cry after she was born, but not much.

The NICU team was waiting because of the meconium and intubated her in order to suction out the fluid.  She required a few minutes of bagging, but otherwise started breathing normally on her own.  Her apgars where 3, 5 and 9.

Oh, and she was 8 lb, 1 oz and 20 3/4 inches long.

Now the story appeared to be getting it's happy ending.  Baby was doing well, her blood sugar was high, but normal (I was gestational diabetic) and the NICU team left Chloe behind with me in the labor and delivery room.

On the way to the regular room they took Chloe to the nursery to do another sugar test before I fed her.  She was 17 ... that's where the bottom dropped out.  Off to the NICU she went.  She was asymptomatic the whole time ... even at a 17 which is really really low, but she needed sugar fast.  They started an IV and slowly turned up her sugar over the next 24 hours until they were talking about an umbilical line.  Things turned around at about 24 hours though.  Two things changed.  First of all, apparently there is some magic to the 24 hour mark where newborns can begin to control their own sugar levels, but the NICU nurse and I had also decided to start supplementing with formula.  I don't know what made the difference, but the sugar stabalized and she was eventually weaned off the IV fluid.  She went home finally on Friday afternoon.  I was of course discharged on Wednesday night (let me tell you how much that *****!)

So Chloe is home now and doing well.  We no longer need to supplement with formula and she is completely breast fed.  We had a pediatrician appointment today and she's gained even more weight (up to 8.4) which is interesting because everyone thought she would lose weight once off the fluids.

Hope I didn't ramble to much...  I look forward to hearing more birth stories!!!
I need to get pics up, but in the meantime, heres a link to the hospital pics...  http://www.our365.com/NewbornPortraits/BabyDetail.aspx?birthid=f6ef3e71-2ab6-4456-a0da-3395f21d1237
Oh wow Pips that is quite the story!!  I have gestational diabetes too and that scared the poop out of me!!  Congrats on your beautiful little girl.  I'm glad you are home safe now.

Morning everyone.  My, time does really fly when you are pg!!  I only have 10 weeks left and DH and I start our birthing classes on the 15th.  Cutting it a little close I know, but it was due to his schedule.  As of next week I start going in for weekly u/s to check growth of baby girl and keep an eye on her activity level.

Tausha - I know the feeling of waiting to buy stuff.  I had a great shower but got mostly clothes and then they all pooled together for a stroller/car seat combo!!!!  SO SO cool!!  I am so excited about it.  I'm supposed to have another shower from DH's side of the family, but have no idea when it is?  But we are kinda waiting till after that to really buy anything . . .
Pips sounds like you had an eventful birth!!! Glad everything turned out good.

Bridgette- it's killing me not to shop my shower is dec 4th but luckily DH's best friend purchased our travel system online... He is in Kuwait working and had it sent to the house. So I'm ok now that I have all of the big items. I have a pack and play that was given to me but I registered for the small one for our room until I move him into his room. My dad got us the monitor so all the major stuff is taken care of it's just small things left..so I'm not stressing to much just mire so excited to get the room done :)
barn ... just watch your sugar and you should be fine.  My OB did do a hgb A1C ... which gives you your average sugar over the last 60 days.  Mine was actually normal, and the doc said Chloe's sugar levels were not a result of anything I did.  The neonatalogist felt that due to the stress at birth, she dumped all her sugar and didn't have any reserves left and that's why she bottomed out.  You just never know what's going to happen I guess.  At least it wasn't something that would have any long term affects on her.  She was the healthiest thing in the NICU ... still hard to have her there though!

Hi ladies, sorry I've been MIA - long story but first CONGRATS Pips :D  your beautiful baby girl is here and I love the name Chloe - scarey first 24 hours for you though hunny but so glad all is well and she is home safe and well.

Wannababy - awww a little boy, it's so nice to know in advance (I know not everyone wants to) and you can have names, clothes etc all ready.  They are always reluctant here to tell you :(

Anxiously - we wouldn't be normal if we didn't worry, even when it's a first, second ... pregnancy and you've never had a loss you still worry, lol.  You must be getting so excited now.

Bam - 10weeks!  Oh wow, still doesn't seem 5 minutes ago that you gave us all the news of your bfp :)

Well things are up in the air for me, I had to go to hospital last Mon with a suspected ectopic pregnancy.  Luckily the USS showed a single uterine pregnancy with a heartbeat and I was measuring smack on for dates.  On the downside they also found a large mass in my abdomen and I was kept in and further tests conducted.  The mass is a 28cm by 15cm pancreatic cyst which is currently taking up an awful lot of room.  The gynae man said there was no room for my uterus to expand.  I am now playing the awful waiting game to be seen by another specialist, an urgent referral was made but this can be up to a 2 week wait.  I've no idea yet what type of cyst it is so don't know whether it will be a simple drainage procedure or something more.  I spent most of last week in shock and then floods of tears but I've kind of levelled out now.  Just wish this appointment would hurry up, the closer I get to 12 weeks the more risk to the baby from the cyst and I shall be 8 weeks this Friday.

I hope everyone else is well and blooming :D

Helen
I love this! Hope all you preggers are feel great!! Congrats to all the new mommies!!!
Braxton hicks anyone??? I am thinking I am having them... Not painful but tummy definately has been getting tight this whole week....everything I read said to drink water, so that's what I have been doing. Anyone have any other thought or ideas?
bernie: I am sorry to hear your news....keep us posted and I hope the specialist can help figure out what to do to keep you and that baby safe!  

Tausha: Yes if your tummy is really hard it's probably BH contractions...  Drinking water does help...if they get a lot more painful or are occurring closer than 5 minutes apart is when you should consult your dr.  Otherwise it's faily common for women to have them a lot throughout pregnancy.  
Dana- Yeah, I think the water helped that and being lazy most of the weekend. :) They saying being on your feet alot can cause them and I am up and down all day at work.
Tausha - Yes I always noticed when I did a lot they would kick up but resting did help also.  Congrats on the 3rd trimester!

So Brayden is almost a month old!  He went to drs yesterday and now weighs 9 lbs 4 oz!  And he's grown over an inch since birth!  Its making me nervous about what size outfit to get him for his dedication and Christmas!!  

Good morning ladies!!  I have been MIA lately trying to get things at work all tied up and the nursery...and myself ready for baby!  I have officially packed my hospital bag and just need to pick up a few more items to be ready for once Ava is here...I keep forgetting to stock up on Panty liners and superduper heavy duty pads when I go to the store!!

I did have an appt. this past Friday and doctor said he could feel her head and she was pretty low!  I haven't started to dialate just yet but I have started to thin, so he said if labor were to start soon he wouldn't stop it!!  We also did an u/s to make sure she is in correct position for delivery and she was head down, but she is on her side and not facing back completely.  Doctor was happy with it considering I have an anterior plecenta which makes baby want to stay face up and if she is that way on D-day, we may have to opt for a c-section.  I will be 36 weeks on Thursday and I can't wait for her to get here!!  

Good luck to everyone and congrats to the new mommies/babies and BFP's!!!

Dana... Time is flying huh???  When are you doing the dedication?

Gina sounds like you don't have too much longer :)
Hey girlies!! Congrats to all the bfps!

Pips - sorry labor was so tough but glad you both are healthy!

Bernie - I hope all is well with you and I will be praying for you!

Well, had my doct appt last thursday and was 1 cm dialated!! Olivia hasn't dropped down low enough yet but the doctor was able to feel her head...with a lot of pushing and pain to me, I spotted for a while after but finally quit hurting! 3 weeks 2 days left to go lol!!

How is everyone??? It's awfully quiet around here. Hope all is well with everyone!!
Hi ladies.  I don't post very often but I was just looking at the Buns in the Oven Chart and it seems like I will be close to the top on the next posting.  Bam, I think you will be shortly after me.  Hard to believe it is coming to an end...or beginning depending on how you view it.  I had one women tell me that the baby is much easier inside than out.  But then another lady interupted her and said the baby is much easier ON YOUR BODY when it is out.  WHich I think is probably so true.  It is getting harder and harder to be on my feet all day.  I am a third grade teacher, and I think these little eight year olds are sucking the life out of me.  

I do have one question.  How do I know whether I am having normal discharge or whether I am leaking amniotic fluid?  It is all clear and watery so how do you know?  TMI...I know...but I really want to make sure everything is ok.  I start my internals on Monday so I guess I could just ask my doc.  Any thoughts?

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful Turkey Day!  Enjoy the time off of your feet with your family.
had my bfp yesterday after having a misscarriage in august. im hoping this little angel sticks.
All is well here, another doc appt today, still 1 cm dialated and about 50% effaced, Doc told me last week she thinks Baby Olivia is about as low as she's going to get!! 1 week 2 days left to go, hopeing she'll come a few days early! SO ready for my little one to be here and have some time off of work lol!!

Hope all is well with everyone else! Congrats to all the new BFP's and MOTHERS!!
Sorry that I havent been on to let everyone know what was going on :(
I had my little man Kirk on October 27th @ 12:58 am, weighing 8lbs 1oz.
He gave us a bit of a scare when he first came out, because the cord was wrapped around his neck three times. There was a student doctor that was going to "catch" him, but my OB pushed her out of the way last second, unwrapped the cord and put him on my belly for about two milliseconds then whisked him away to get him breathing. He was white and didnt even cry for a minute or two, I was so scared for a minute there!
Other than that labor went well, only about 6 hours from the onset of active labor until he was out. I ended up doing it naturally as well (which was my plans) although at one point I was screaming for meds but by the time the OB got in to check me I was already 7 cm.
Hope everyone is doing well with their little ones :)
MissmyAngel:

So sorry you had such a scary birth, bet you just cried when you heard him crying...I know I would've...actually crying now, stupid hormones lol!! Glad everything was well though and you had a big boy!!

Well, lost my mucus plug today!! I know that doesn't mean much but at least something is happening!! I did have a little spotting a few nights ago...dark brown, very little and scared the crap outta me but that stopped very quickly!! Well, nothing else to update here, hope everyone is well!!
Trying- Thanks :) Yes it felt like the world stopped for a second! I lost my plug in pieces, which started about 5 days before he was born. The day I went into labor I lost the rest of it, along with a bunch of blood. So hopefully your little one is here soon!
ashlyn congratulations on your BFP, here's to a wonderfully sticky bean :D

MissmyAngel - phew what a fright!  Thank goodness your gorgeous baby boy was ok, I hope you are both doing well :)

Trying - definitely not long left, lol, with previous pregnancies my mucus plug started to come away in bits about 2 weeks onwards prior to the birth but I was early having all of mine, longest pregnancy for me has been 38 weeks!  Won't be too long I don't think before you're posting on here to tell us your little one has arrived :)

I'm a bit wibbly wobbly on the whole emotions front, I have my 12 week dating scan this Friday and I'm scared, also find out more a week on Tuesday with regard to the cyst that's occupying most of the available space in my abdomen :-/
Hey ladies!  Just wanted to stop by and wish everyone luck and congratulate all of the new BFP's!!  Ava arrived 3 weeks early on 11/29 at 5:37am. After a week stay for jaundice, everyone is doing great!!  
Wishing everyone a happy holiday!
Sorry haven't been around, I had Olivia Lynn on November 30th 2010...short labor lasting about 11 hours (had contractions for about23 hours though lol) Only 20 minutes of pushing and she came out screaming at 7lbs 14oz 20 1/2 inches long!! I did tear my labia though...doc said it was never goign to be pretty again lol!! Breastfeeding is going great, she latched right away, doc said she's a natural!! Can't believe she's 3 1/2 weeks already!! THe time has flown by...wish it would slow down, seems like she's growing up :-(

Bernie: WEnt into labor day after I posted that I lost my plug lol!! Good luck to you!!

Well, hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!!
I just saw Your group and i Had to join!!!

Names kell im currently 13 weeks 4 days pregnant 3 months after loosing my 3rd baby at 12 weeks, Due 1st july 2011..

cant wait to hear from you all and your adventures
I haven't posted in awhile and wow...a lot of new BFP's!!! Congrats to everyone.  
I am currently 33wks and I'm due on Feb 21st, 2011.  I lost my last baby in March 2010 at 12wks (missed miscarriage).  This pregnancy has been very difficult being on some sort of bedrest from 14.5wks from SCH (placental tear and bleeding).  BUT....I have just reached the 33wk mark and I'm feeling so relieved and happy.  
I hope I can get added to the list and good luck to everyone!
Miracles happen.
Moma_Cher, and KeeLolo commented on Moma_Cher's status
23 mins ago
Sad and Lonley
27 mins ago by northernsunshine
Moma_Cher Happy Easter everyone! We h... Comment
1 hr ago