Sharp Pain In Lower Abdomen
So I'm about 4 weeks pregnant, and I've been having this pain in my lower right side of my abdomen.  Not like a hunched over hurting type of pain, but like a sharp quick pain every once in a while....

Is this normal?

I called my doctor's office as I was having some throbbing going on the other day, and they told me to take tylenol because they think I was a little over stimulated from all the meds I was on.

Do you think that it could be from this, or something more serious?  
For the first few weeks I would have that type of pain either on one side or the other when I would move quick or stretch.  Actually I believe it was more on the right also and come to find out that is the ovary I produced the fertilized egg from.  I asked about it and they said it was normal...as long as is doesnt persist for long periods of time I'd say you are okay.  Then when you get further along you can have pain when your ligaments are stretching, which is also normal.  
You will be feeling all kinds of weird pains throughout your pregnancy that change the further you progress. They are normal, as long as its not accompanied with bleeding or too severe.
In the first few weeks I had those same exact pains mostly on my right, its caused by implantation. During the first trimester, I would get sharp pains if I bent over the wrong way as well. Now that I'm in the second trimester, I'm having round ligament pains. For me, they are on the underside of my belly because I'm carrying so low, but they can go up your sides as well. Also sometimes I get bad pains that feel like my belly is bruised. My OB says its most likely from the baby kicking.
Well see what happens when the third trimester gets here, I'm sure I'm in for a few suprises.
Thanks so much ladies! I appreciate your comments.  You have reassured me that everything will be OK.  This is all so new to me, and I don't know what to expect and what is normal and what is not.....

I went to the ER last night, as the pain was pretty persistent, and I wanted to make sure everything was OK.

They didn't find anything too serious... they didn't find cysts or anything either.  They did an ultrasound, and I'm only 4 weeks, so they didn't see anything, but I could see a few follicles in my ovaries that looked rather large, so I'm thinking that's what contributing to the pain!

I've had cramping and pain off and on this whole time.  I just keep telling myself that it is my body stretching out.  I've also found some foods (like milk) that don't agree with me at all.  That caused me a HUGE belly ache and totally freaked me out.

Glad you went to the ER though to check it out.  Better safe and reassured than worrying.
Yeah, these new symptoms and things really freak me out, ya know? I guess I just wanted to make sure it wasn't anything serious.  I don't really notice the pain too much today, which is good :)

Before I had my surgery for endometriosis, I couldn't eat any dairy hardly... no yogurt or cheese or buttered popcorn.  Now that I've had it, I can eat those things a little bit more.

Now that I'm pregnant, I've noticed it upsets my stomach again, must be the influx in hormones once again.

Hi...I'm 4 weeks 5 days and was also having like a stabbing pain on my left side.  It scared me a lot too but it was just because of implantation and the ligaments stretching.  I haven't felt it in a few days.  I have my first prenatal appt today.  I'm so nervous.  When are you having yours?
I still get sharp pains every once in a while and I am just about 16 weeks.  They come and go but everything seems to be just fine.  My doc. keeps telling me I should quite being a worry wort.  His rule of thumb...if the pains in your abdomen don't hinder you from doing everyday activities without a lot of discomfort you are going just fine.  I keep that in mind everytime I "feel" something.  When I go to the office and tell him I am a little crampy he always jokes and says "Oh no!...you must be pregnant"...love my doc.:)
Thanks for the message! The pain has pretty much subsided, which is really good! I can feel it from time to time, but it's not preventing me from doing anything or taking any tylenol :)

You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
KeeLolo commented on KTowne's status
KeeLolo commented on hansen20's status
MH Community Mgr commented on Bubulous's status
Related Tags