943?1301585782
Baby Food Group User Group
Sippy cup and juice
About This Group:

Help, tips and suggestions for parents on the topic of baby food. When to start, how to start, menu suggestions, questions and how to make your own baby food.

Founded by Heatherm4 on March 31, 2011
34 members

Sippy cup and juice

What type of sippy cup do you use? I've tried tommee tippy and she can't figure it out yet. I also have a nuby and nuk since the spout is silicone she just bites down on it and gets a little bit in her mouth. She doesn't suck on it. I tried it myself to see how hard you have to suck and it's pretty hard.

I usually just put water in them. I haven't found a juice yet that she likes. I've tried apple juice, apple cider with cherry juice and white grape juice. She wont drink juice out of a bottle either.
I use the playtex no spill sippy cups that have 2 handles and they are great. Brady was able to figure it out at 4 months how to drink from it.
As far as the juice....maybe pear juice? Do you water the juices down at all? I always give my son water and only a bit of very watered down juice to help with constipation or I'll mix the juice in his cereal for it. If you don't water it down then maybe the problem is that it's too strong or sweet for her liking.
I use the playtex no spill sippy cups as well! I water down the juice for my son and he drinks it like theres no tomorrow lol. One of my co-workers tho said her daughter will not drink juice. Even if she puts a tiny bit of juice mixed with water, she still wont drink it! Some kids just dont like juice and prefer water.
I've tried all sorts of strenghths half and half to barely any juice to no added water. She makes a weird face and then stops drinking it.
I've heard of kids not liking it either. My friend has a son that would be given the choice between water and juice and he will take water each time. I've seen him cry for water when all his mom had when we were out was her bottle of juice. LOL
I had bought the playtex for my daughter also and she also had a hard time with it. she would bite on it instead of sucking.

Finally about a week ago we went to the store & I gave her some jucie in her cup while we were driving. When I got to the store & took her out I noticed she drank about 2oz.
A friend of mine suggested the NUBY and I also bought that one for her and she is doing good with it.

Good Luck!
I got the tommee tippy out and tried that one. It doesn't require a strong suck like the nuby and nuk do. She actually was able to drink out of it and gets a good amount because if it's water she drools most of it down the front of her.

I tried juice first and she makes an awful face each time she drinks from it. I then put water in it and she loves it.

I will give up on the juice for now.
Melissa_71 Hmm I thought summer was he... Comment
Jul 29
Melissa_71 commented on melimeli's status
Jul 22
Melissa_71 commented on mhv's status
Jul 21