Back & Neck Pain Expert Forum
Please help me with my painful hip and multiple symptoms

Questions in the Back & Neck Pain forum are answered by medical professionals and experts in their field. Topics covered include herniated disc, pinched nerves, sciatica, degenerative spine disease, spinal stenosis, spine trauma and fractures, and pine tumors.

I was diagnosed with nondisplaced Femoral neck stress fracture w/ partial ring of osteophytes OR atypical sessile osteochondroma. I'm 36 was otherwise healthy/fit A massage therapist said that the catching when I adductedmy leg was emotional until it got worse he said go see my GP. Xrays – 2cm poorly defined density a CT and Bone scan was ordered.  The Bone scan got forgotten months, CT scan was FNSF or Chondroma  Bone scan is not back but tech was like confused why I was scanning if  a CT and intimated that this was not going tell us more.  My GP said he would refer me to a rheumatologist after bone scan, no other tests are ordered Other side now has mild catching just before the bone scan  pain in my other one is increasing.  I’m worried about addiction to Tramadol XR since I’m having to add a regular dose too I was taking Celebrex but it's hurting my stomach.I also have a few other things that I'm scared to tell my GP he has a sign in the office about a 'laundry list of problems' I have a huge lump/pain that is pressure under my ribs shortly after I eat and pain if I touch it.I have now a pain to touch just to the left of belly button.  A very sharp pain only to a bit of pressure.  Hard to find when I'm standing.My ears having been ringing for about a month but now really loudly. It's constant and keeps me up at night I had labrynthitis a few months ago but now am dizzy since the ringing not vertigo kind - just off kilter Mild headache with the ringing I've some L4 problems same side. Can hip problems cause back pain on one side? I get some nerve pain in my glute and shocks in my calf Muscle pain on top of thigh inside/outside the pelvic bone and the sacroiliac. Most is deep and achy in the groin, stinging pain on the inside of the thigh little outside
I am seriously depressed  9 out of 10 ceased all my sports medication worked very poorly for me.
Noone listens to me, I've simply stopped eating.
Is it necessary to know if the problem is FNSF or Chondroma?
To sort out your back and leg pain you may also need a spine evaluation and an MRI of the lumbar/sacral spine area.
Can your GP coordinate the specialist care that you need?
Just an update - the results of the bone scan indicate increase activity superolateral to the hip joint representing arthropathy.  No abnormal activity of the FN.  
Can/should this thread be moved to arthritis?
One of my friend has a similar problem, she is 19 yrs old.
Can hip problems cause back pain on one side? Of course it can! If you have shock down your calf (it's called radiation or radiating pain) which is a form of sciatica. If it stops at the calf it is more likely a sacroiliac joint rather than a lumbar. Rule out any form of tumor first, then I suggest conservative treatment like chiropractic.