Back & Neck Pain Expert Forum
intense pain on my neck

Questions in the Back & Neck Pain forum are answered by medical professionals and experts in their field. Topics covered include herniated disc, pinched nerves, sciatica, degenerative spine disease, spinal stenosis, spine trauma and fractures, and pine tumors.

intense pain on my neck
l am a 28year old womanl have been having stiffness on my neck for about 4 months now,its kind of a pain that moves from left side to right side of the neck and sometimes on my teeth jaws,the neck is not swollen yet.What do you think it could be?could it be an STD causing it since l have been giving unprotected oral to guys?
I would see your family doc first and have a general neck and oral examination.
Plain x-rays of the neck to start with. If it persists then please get an MRI of the cervical spine.
It's unlikely to be an STD. You need to be checked by a doctor to determine what’s causing the pain. If your GP can’t determine the cause he will refer you to a specialist who will order a CT scan and X-rays to see if there is a problem with one of your discs or vertebrae in your neck.