Back & Neck Pain Expert Forum
neck and back pain

Questions in the Back & Neck Pain forum are answered by medical professionals and experts in their field. Topics covered include herniated disc, pinched nerves, sciatica, degenerative spine disease, spinal stenosis, spine trauma and fractures, and pine tumors.

neck and back pain
I have had bad back and neck pain for as long as i can remember I am 27 years old. In 2005 i went to sports medicine doctor and he dignosed me with muscular skeltal disorder saying my neck is hypermobile he sent me to physcal therepy which did not help at all, my neck and back was so tense they had to give me cortozone shots as well as shock thepary . Also my hips are uneven every time they try to put them in place within seconds the pop back out. I have also been told that my rib pops out of place. My question is what could be wrong with my back will I need surgery? I have been told by chiropractors that if not corrected now I will  eventually end up in a wheel chair. What kind of doctor do you recommend I see, and also what kind of testing should I ask for. I also get severe dizzy spells and horriable pins and needles. I am at the point were this pain is just unbareable. Any insight would be greatly appriciated.
I would see a good spine specialist either a Neurosurgeon or an orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in the spine and get a thorough spine evaluation and MRIs.
Sorry to know that,perhaps orthopaedic doctor is better for your back problem.