Back & Neck Pain Expert Forum
swelling and pain

Questions in the Back & Neck Pain forum are answered by medical professionals and experts in their field. Topics covered include herniated disc, pinched nerves, sciatica, degenerative spine disease, spinal stenosis, spine trauma and fractures, and pine tumors.

swelling and pain

I have constant and severe posterior neck pain. Also pain in both shoulders, some down both arms. I also have neck swelling on both sides of my neck at the bottom where shoulder meets the neck above the clavicles. I have been to many doctors and none can find anything wrong with me other than mild DDD at C6-7.  I cannot continue to live in such pain, all meds I have tried do nothing. Any advise would be appreciated. I would especially like to know what could cause the swelling?
I would recommend that you see a neurosurgeon and get an MRI done of your cervical and thoracic spine.
You should also consider trying more advanced physio including aquatherapy.
After I was rear ended I had a lot of similar symptoms to yours.  I had bug swollen bulge on the back of my neck, my right pinkie was numb, I had sharp, short flashes of pain down my arm.  The ER gave me vicodin and sent me on my way.  I was still in a lot of pain and insisted on an Xray.  They found my cervical curve was reversed.  The doc told me it would be a while before I felt better.  A neurologist referrred me to get an MRI and they found I had an atypical broad based hernitation at C5-C6.  An MRI could help you figure things out more possibly help you.  I also had some vertigo feelings and migraines started after my accident.  I have found Flexeril, cold ice packs, Accupuncture, massage and percocet helped me.  I also attended an 8 wk pain management class (with my Dr's referral.  Good luck-Kari98
i had a terrible pain in back of neck and whet up to back of head, sometime neck area, felt like someone was pushing my neck into my shoulder area, was tired all the time, also had burning under skin and a pinching feeling (mainly on leggs at night), i went on internet and alot of women had it, went to doctor, and female specialist, but nothing
someone told be about a vitamin doctor, so i went, she took hair sample, saliva test  which said that i was very toxic and my harmones were off bad, she put me on vitamins and within 3 weeks burning and pinching gone  and couple weeks later neck stop hurting
and not as tired
A related discussion, can anyone help??!!!!!   PLEASE!!!! was started.