Back & Neck Community
30 mg hydromorphone capsules
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

30 mg hydromorphone capsules

I have a herniated disc. I had an MRI yesterday and they sent me home with a script until my surgery. My wallet was stolen on the way home and they won't give me more meds.
My grandfather left his pills here from his chronic leg pain. It is 30mg long acting hydromorphone. I haven't taken anything in a while. I don't drink. Will I be okay taking one of these capsules every 12hours. I can't open them either to get a lower dose.
Related Discussions
GENERIC NAME: HYDROMORPHONE EXTENDED RELEASE - ORAL (hi-dro-MORE-fown)
BRAND NAME(S): Palladone

WARNING: This medication is a strong narcotic pain reliever similar to morphine. This medication is used to treat moderate to severe pain that is expected to last for a long period of time (weeks to months). It should be used on a regular schedule as prescribed by your doctor, not on an as-needed basis. You should use this medication only if you have been taking moderate to large amounts of a potent narcotic medication (e.g., morphine) for a week or longer. Use of these high-strength capsules by someone who is not regularly taking narcotic medications can cause serious (possibly fatal) breathing problems (e.g., very slow and shallow breathing). Swallow the capsule whole. Broken, chewed, crushed, or dissolved capsules may release large (possibly life-threatening) amounts of medication into your body.

There was a recall on Palladone in the U.S. back in 2005, because of the extended release failing and releasing all at once. This drug is 5-10 times stronger than morphine, it's not something to play around with.

http://www.medicinenet.com/hydromorphone_extended_release-oral/article.htm#Warning

HYDROMORPH CONTIN 18 mg capsules and higher are for use in opioid tolerant patients only (see also DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION). These strengths may cause fatal respiratory depression if administered to patients not previously exposed to daily hydromorphone equivalent dosages of 36 mg or more. Care should be taken in the prescribing of these capsule strengths.

http://www.purdue.ca/pdf/2006-04-18%20Hydromorph%20Contin_ENG%20PM.pdf
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Back & Neck Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank