Broken screws
minium 2 broken titanium screws ans a bent rod-lumbar region L-4 to S1-fusion-revsion surgey scheduled this wed.suregon will likely replace total of four screws-all with a bigger head. bowel obstruction,severelower back pain, tingling, numbness, leg weakness, headaches--are current symptoms.As a result I am now clinically addicted to pain medication--should i proceed with the surgey--do you recommend lawsuit??? Dr or product liability
Not being a lawyer its hard to say about the law suit. My understanding is that if they have to replace a screw or rod, they re-do the entire procedure, I was told that I would never have old hardware bolted or fused to new hardware. Could be wrong but that I remember one of my surgeons saying. Also, how long did you have the hardware in for? Myself, I had the anterior/posterior fusion because it suppose to last for up 15 years and thats considered a long time for that type of hardware..Geeeze, its so painful as we speak and has been for a long time, I dont know what Ill do when it has to be updated or replaced..

Good luck to you.