Aa
A
A
Close
Broken screws
minium 2 broken titanium screws ans a bent rod-lumbar region L-4 to S1-fusion-revsion surgey scheduled this wed.suregon will likely replace total of four screws-all with a bigger head. bowel obstruction,severelower back pain, tingling, numbness, leg weakness, headaches--are current symptoms.As a result I am now clinically addicted to pain medication--should i proceed with the surgey--do you recommend lawsuit??? Dr or product liability
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Not being a lawyer its hard to say about the law suit. My understanding is that if they have to replace a screw or rod, they re-do the entire procedure, I was told that I would never have old hardware bolted or fused to new hardware. Could be wrong but that I remember one of my surgeons saying. Also, how long did you have the hardware in for? Myself, I had the anterior/posterior fusion because it suppose to last for up 15 years and thats considered a long time for that type of hardware..Geeeze, its so painful as we speak and has been for a long time, I dont know what Ill do when it has to be updated or replaced..

Good luck to you.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Back & Neck Community Resources