Chronic Shoulder/neck Pain
I have had chronic Left Shoulder/neck pain for almost 3yrs now. My symptoms have been; Prominent Left Sterno-clavicular joint with inflammation surrounding, prominent Left Acrimio-clavicular joint, flat Left Scapular with inflammation along the vertebral border, inflammation of left pectoralis major muscle, chronic pain from bottom of scapular right up to the base of scull, extending out to rotator cuff.
I have had numerous tests (including x-rays, CT's, ultrasound and MRI) and seen numerous specialist ( physio's, orthopaedic surgeon, sports doctor, neurologist)  the only results which came from the MRI being, a small linear tear of the suprasinatus tendon, minimal lower cervicle facet arthropathy and mild degenerative change of the acrimio-clavicular joint.
I was told about the tear but for some reason my doctor did not find it necessary to tell me about the facet arthropathy or the changes in the ac joint. I only know because I requested a copy of my results.
Is there any reason why he wouldn't discuss the other results with me?
I have tried various anti inflammatory's and painkillers none of which are helpful.
This all began whith a slight twinge near the ac joint and has turned into 3yrs worth of pain that my doctor has given up on.
Has anyone experienced anything similar?
Any suggestions on where to go next?

Thanks for your time
Hi, I have a neck problem too. I have neck pain just by sitting and tingling and numbness in my right arm. Anyways, I found this book on how to treat your back and neck by Robin McKenzie. It gives you exercises you can do. I started doing them my condition improved a lot. I still have problems but getting better. You should give it a try, let me know how u feel