Back & Neck Community
Cold Feet Anyone??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Cold Feet Anyone??

Has anyone ever experience cold feet due to the S1 and S5 nerve being compressed from a herneated disc? I had a discectomy done last month. I still have the cold feet. I was tested already for diabeteas and for pda. And for thyroid. All were fine. I was told that my S1 and S5 nerve might cause coldness in my feet if they were  Has anyone ever have or had that feeling in there foot or feet? It drives me nuts. It sounds like a circulation problem but I dont know what else to to. I am on that nasty Lyrica crap (150mg) which does not help the coldness. I'm talking cold feet not numbness. I was also told that it will take time for the nerves to heal and come back to life. Is that true? How long does it take for a nerve to be healed?
Hi, not sure how long it will take for the nerves to heal. But my Dr. tells me the longer the herniated discs & the pinched nerves, the longer that healing process. I to have a herniated disc at L5-S1, and at L4-L5, and large buldging at L3-L4 with piched nerves there as well, encroaching into the thecal sac. My feet both stay cold and up my legs to almost my calves. I wondered about the poor circulation thing too. I mean like ice. but Doc says I have good pulse in my feet, so I dont know. But I have to have surgery as soon as My dr. gets me in with an orthepedic surgeon. Not looking forward to it, but with all this I have going on something must be done, I have tried everthing conservetive & nothing. But now I am afraid I may have waited to long, I now hurt in my right shoulder & arm with tingling an slight mubness in my hand & arm. I also have tingling all in both legs. It almost depresses a person. I also to wondered about that PDA. But, I hope all goes well with you, any advice for me? I would appreciate it, thanks
Nerves can take 18-24 months to reguvenate. Sorry ur experiencing cold feet, that would be really unpleasant!!
i know this s some time ago but do your feet turn blue withthe cold feet ?
Minka007, I'm thinking with you..  "raynauds".  :-)