Back & Neck Community
Degenerative Disc Disease (Neck)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Degenerative Disc Disease (Neck)

My doctor diagnosed me with DDD (neck).However another diagnosed me with lupus. I have awful pain in my neck and the bottom right of my back. Any suggestions?
It could be that they are both right; you could have both problems. I would move ahead with physical therapy on your neck. I have DDD and have learned what I can do to reduce the constant pain that I had before. Then if you're sleeping better, the lupus symptoms might disappear as well.
Oh Paulette170, I'm so sorry to hear about your diagnose. I know it has to be hard to deal with at times. Often with one or more complications can take a emotional tole on a person. You have good days, then you have bad days. Always up and down!
I, myself I don't have lupus. I have heard how lupus can give you just about the same symptoms has DDD. With all the Joint pain, stiffness and swelling and more symptoms as well.

( Some people don't believe in going to a Chiropractor. )

I have dealt with DDD almost my whole life and I'm 30. Started at a very young age for me. I use to go to a chiropractor when I was in my teens. As I got older I didn't go as much. I had my little girl when I was 26 and had a lot of issues with DDD afterwards and other NEW health issues as well! I'm 30 now and I started this year going back to a chiropractor. I found a nice one in my area and he has taken time with me explaining things to me. Which I think its very nice to have someone take time for you these days. When I was younger I went to so many "BACK" doctors and they often made me feel like they were always in a hurry.. I felt like I was being pushed out the door!

Since, I have been going back to chiropractor I have had much relief but I have to go on reg. basis, To relieve stress, stiffness and swelling. DDD can affect a lot of things in your body. I have had 2 herniated disc within 2 years and wasn't easy to deal with.

Some people go to a heated pool at a local recreation center or Jacuzzi. You might could soak in the bathtub for awhile. Everyone has to find their own thing that works best for them. Everyone is different.

I wish you luck and I do hope that you will feel some relief soon!!

: ) Cat