Back & Neck Community
EXTREME pain in neck! vertebrae?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

EXTREME pain in neck! vertebrae?

maybe about a year ago, i was at my bfs friends house and his mother was feeling my neck to see how warm i was, to see if i had a fever, because ive always had migraines since i was little as young as i can remember. but when she felt my neck on my left side, usually where my headaches start, on the left side of my face, back of neck, inside of lower skull, and above my left eye, she jerked her hand away really fast and said 'oh my god it feels like you have a twisted vertebrae!" and as long ago as i can remember, sometimes when id turn my head too fast to like, look at someone or turn my head around to grab something, it would feel like i was pulling a muscle.

but one year, i think it was the year 2002, me and a couple of friends were standing around and i wasnt paying attention and one of my guy friends jokingly tackled me, but i fell right on my tail bone and heard a loud snap, and instantly was in pain. i had to crawl and when i got home i had to walk slow, and it was very hard to sit or lay or get up or anything. years later, in 2006 i had an MRI and catscan done on my ovaries and kidneys for other reasons, and they saw that i had mild grade 1 anterolisthesis on my L5 S1 or something, which ive looked up before, but thats on my lower spine, i believe the lumbar? and if i touch my lower back, i can feel my spine sticking out, because anterolisthesis is slippage of the vertebrae going forwards or something like that, but im curious could it have also affected my neck at the same time? ive never had it checked out and i dont have insurance..

but this morning around 6am, i woke up with extreme pain in my left side of my neck, lower left side of skull, and in my entire face and ear and jaw on my left side. it was unbearable and i took 2 excedrine and layed on a heating pad and it helped somewhat, but now that im awake, i turned my head slowly and i can feel it there still. i just dont know, anyone ever experience extreme pain like that and actually have gone and had it checked? i can also feel my spine sticking out on my neck too, but other ppl told me they have that too but my mother says she doesnt have it.. idk im just curious, anyone with advice or experiences, id appreciate any information or opinions or stories.. thank  you!
If there is a good hospital near you with a spine treatment center go to their website and click on "clinical studies." call that number. They will most likely diagnose you and they always use the latest treatments.Or Depending on how old you are and your income, you may qualify for some sort of health insurance through the state. They have raised the cut offs in a lot of states.Check out these websites, generally you can apply online. I would not start the process of fixing your back until you have some sort of plan to control costs because anything to do with back treatments can get expensive and a lot of times if you don't have insurance,the Doc won't take you.
I would def make a appt and go get checked! Hope something works out! Good Luck