Exercise tips for scoliosis
I was diagnosed with scoliosis as a teenager and have severe back pain.  I never listen to my doctor regarding stengthing exercise and I am now paying the price.  By scoliosis has become so severe I notice by body is curved.  When I sit or slouch I lean to the right and I've notice a smalll hump on my rightside of my back. Anyway it is getting really bad and embarassing so I was wondering if there are any good strengthening exercises I can do to help my deformity and pain?  Pleas HELP I am really embarrassed and in pain!
You need an experienced PT. Not all PT's will involve themselves with Scoliosis patients but some will. You can still strengthen. It would help I am sure. I don't know that it would reverse it but it may could help from here on out. My PT gave me one exercise and I do it all of the time just because it feels so good. It is a pelvic tilt. You lie down on your back and keep knees bent. Then roll your pelvis toward your head. I do 20 at five seconds a piece or just whenever I need the pain to stop. I hurt so badly sometimes that I have even went to a public restroom and layed down and done these. That is so nasty but when you are in pain, something has to give! My PT said he thought I had Scoliosis that has been misdiagnosed but he isn't the dr. and can't really opinionate.
I was given an excercise that does help for pain and is suppose to make your muscles in your back stronger. You lay down on your stomach with forehead on floor, arms raised above head and feet stretched out.  You then raise one arm and the opposite leg at the same time and keep alternating.  I usually do 3 reps of 12, but you could do as many as you like.  
i had the same condition when i was younger used to suffer from some major back pains.
i went to a physiotherapist and was told to do the air bike exercise, basically lay on ur back lift ur butt off the floor and use ur hold hips with hands then cycle ur legs like ur on a bike do 20 reps then another, it really helped me.
try sitting with a pillow behind ur back as well and sleeping with 1 under the bit of ur back that helps, if the pains at the top i was told to put a pillow in the small of my back.
other than that go see ur doc again and they'll propbably refer you to someone who can help more :)
I interested as to what degree measure you are, as it sounds lke they didn't brace you. Honestly, the best kind of doctors for this are chiropractors that focus on scolios. If you could find one that does pettibon technique, they get great results, but you have to do the home excerses. PT's that specialize in scoliosis are good too. Its sounds like you could really use a brace though so I'm gonna guess when you were diagnosed you had around 20 degrees or curvature.

www.chirofacts.com can help you find a chirpractor or pt in your area