Back & Neck Community
Extreme pain in back of neck, temple, and eyes.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

So, just a little background, I am sixteen years old. I've been experiencing extreme pain in my neck, temples, and eyes. It starts off in my neck, and it feels like everything is compressing together. I've taken every kind of pain medication I could, and it's not helping. The pain is so bad that I can not concentrate on anything else. I've only had it for a couple of days, and I've even tried going back to sleep to relieve it, and it only makes it worse.

Noise and light doesn't affect it at all. It just steadily gets worse until I fall asleep, and when I do, I wake up with it. I get the neck pain first, then it branches out to my temples and my eyes. As I said before, its like someone is holding way to tight on the back/side of my neck, and it is killing me.
It sounds like you have a neck injury. It could have happened some time back, maybe a couple of weeks ago and now it is taking its toll. I have a neck injury and had the very same pain, with pain when I turned my head and would bend my head down wards, even holding my head in a fixed position. They did not see it on a xray, but they did find it on a MRI. I had 2 bulging discs. My injury was by an anesthesiologist be put to sleep for surgery and pushing my head back too far. She did more damage than that, but that is how she hurt my neck bone. Use ice on the back of your neck, not your head, because the pain comes from the neck. You can get gel ice packs which is much more comfortable against the bone. Do not put it directly on the skin and use it like 10-15 mins on and remove, then do it again. I have slept on ice but used a thick towel so not to have too much cold on it. You can damage your skin using it so cold for too long. Then you need to see a dr that deals with the spine. Wish you the best. Let me know how you do.