Back & Neck Community
First time hip/back pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

First time hip/back pain

This is part of the report for my continuing hip/back pain:
FINDINGS:
Five view of the lumbar spine were obtained.  There is an 8-degree leftward curature of the lumbar spine with the apex located near L1.  Anatomic alignment is maintained in the AP plane.  Intervertebral disc heights and vertebral body heights are preserved.  Bilateral facet sclerosis is present at L4-5 and L5-S1.  The osseous neural foramina are grossly patent.
IMPRESSIONS:
1. Bilateral facet arthropathyy is present at L4-L5 and L5-S1.  The osseous neural foramina appear grossly patent.
2.  8-degree levoscoliotic curvature of the lumbar spine with the apex located at L1.

Could this account for my dull pain somewhere in my left hip area deep inside that gets worse when I work around the house physically?  Is this something to let a chiropractor  work on?
Thanks,
Larry
Yes, you can have pain deep in your hip due to the L4 thru S1 areas.  I live with that pain daily.

No, I wouldn't let a Chiropractor work on my back with the problems indicated on your MRI - UNTIL I saw an Orthopedic or Neurosurgeon.  Let them see your MRI films to determine if you are in need of further medical help.  If they suggest physical therapy, then I would possibly see the Chiropractor.  When I say that, please don't think I don't like Chiropractors, because I do.  But because of my experiences with them with the problems I have with my back, I always ended up in more pain, which they required me to come in more often, which caused more pain, etc. etc. etc.  So be careful.

Try this to help relieve your pain in your hip:

When you sleep on your side, use a pillow between your knees that extends past your feet.

When sleeping on your back, put one or two pillows under your knees.

Take hot baths to ease the pain.

When you see a specialist (neuro or ortho) be sure to take the actual films of your MRI.  That is very important.  The other thing - get a second opinion.

Good Luck!