Freezing spinal nerves
Hi, for the past year i have not been able to stand for longer than 3-5 minutes without the feeling of a safe falling on my lower back. I have spinal stenosis, buldging disc and alot of arthritis.  This whole thing with my back has been going on for about 5 yrs. I worked out constantly, did zumba, etc. Now, i'm paying......
I just had FACET JOINT BLOCk injections which worked for a few days, and now they're talking aboout a series of injections i think, that FREEZE THOSE NERVES. Anyone have this and what was it like????????????

I;m also thinking about a Spinal Stimulator which would help block the pain.

Any ideas, experiences?
thanks so much,
Mona
Hi Mona!
Nerve burning/nerve freezing/nerve block procedure do help control pain. However, at times it leaves the person feeling numb in that area or the pain is replaced by a tingling or burning sensation. So, it is difficult to say whether this will work for you or not. Usually pains of this type respond to physiotherapy, yoga, pain relief patches etc. A combination approach works best instead of trying one method. Spinal cord stimulator also helps control pain in some cases while in others it causes symptoms similar to those experienced after nerve burning. So, if there are no other treatment options available after discussion with your pain management doctor, then this may be tried. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.