Headaches -- Herniated discs
I've been having headaches and pain (sharp pricking feelings, etc) on the left side of my head for over a year.  I just received MRI results on my neck, and it was revealed that I have a "small herniated disc at T2 and T3", as well as a "small left paracentral herniated disc at t-3 to t-4 causing mild cord indentation"

My question is this... What does this really mean, and is it significant?  My doctor is referring me to a pain center so i can "manage" this pain that it's giving me, which is personally my last option -- I'd rather try to treat the source of these headaches rather than the effects.

I'd just like to have some help figuring out what's going on here.

Thanks in advance!
Dont you just hate it when doctors want to give you meds and not treat the problem. For instance with surgery.  I  would much rather have surgery than be on meds and maybe later getting addicted to  them.  I dont know what to tell ya except I have 2 herniated disc, protrusions, faucet joint problems, and alot of extruded disc material that they are removing this mth and I know the pain.  Also I have been having headaches alot and thats what made me look further at your question.  I have a headache at least 5 out of 7 days.   I am going to ask the Dr. about this when I go.  I wish you luck.