Aa
A
A
Close
Headaches -- Herniated discs
I've been having headaches and pain (sharp pricking feelings, etc) on the left side of my head for over a year.  I just received MRI results on my neck, and it was revealed that I have a "small herniated disc at T2 and T3", as well as a "small left paracentral herniated disc at t-3 to t-4 causing mild cord indentation"

My question is this... What does this really mean, and is it significant?  My doctor is referring me to a pain center so i can "manage" this pain that it's giving me, which is personally my last option -- I'd rather try to treat the source of these headaches rather than the effects.

I'd just like to have some help figuring out what's going on here.

Thanks in advance!
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
171791 tn?1358217981
Dont you just hate it when doctors want to give you meds and not treat the problem. For instance with surgery.  I  would much rather have surgery than be on meds and maybe later getting addicted to  them.  I dont know what to tell ya except I have 2 herniated disc, protrusions, faucet joint problems, and alot of extruded disc material that they are removing this mth and I know the pain.  Also I have been having headaches alot and thats what made me look further at your question.  I have a headache at least 5 out of 7 days.   I am going to ask the Dr. about this when I go.  I wish you luck.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Back & Neck Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank