Back & Neck Community
Heard a pop in my back and have hard time getting out of bed

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

I had a SLAP (torn labrum in shoulder) surgery last year and have been recovering from that surgery.  During recovery I had severe knots in the shoulder blade area and tightness in the neck.  I continually stretched my shoulder during the day by reaching up in the air and putting my heads behind my kneck.  The shoulder and back area have been tight for months.  Recently during a meeting, I was stretching my shoulder blades back and heard a pop in the upper back area then a numbing pain went through my body.  I was just breathing during the meeting because the pain was excruciating and didnt know what to do.  My upper back area on right side is in severe pain.  I have hard time just trying to lie down in bed and getting back up is a joke also.  I have to roll onto my stomach to crawl out of bed, like i can put no strain on those back muscles in the back.  I went to chiro and he said I was slouched down to the right side dramtically.  Also said that areas of my upper back were out of alignment.  He gave me one adjustment I feel slightly better.  I thought maybe the shoulder surgery wasn't successful but not sure if this is common to get back issues after having shoulder surgery.  Luckily i still have pain meds left from my surgery but not sure what to do. I am seeing my shoulder guy in a couple of weeks and have been seeing a chiro.  The odd thing now is I actually have a hard time lifting my left arm in the area given the problems were on right side.  Obviously i have pain lifting my right arm and my shoulder is killing me.