Back & Neck Community
Hurt my neck 6 months ago and still hurts

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Wondering if this has happened to anyone else.  About 6 months ago I was shoveling a very large snow storm at my house and while shoveling over a large snow bank I was getting stabbing pains in my neck just to the right side of my spine.  It continued to happen but I had to remove the snow so I continued.  The pain is shoulder high.  I went to my primary care and he had me do a few stretches and he said I was having muscle spasms, I left there with a prescription of valium and ibuprofen.  The pain has never gone away and I didn't go back to my doctor because I don't feel as thought he takes the time to listen he just throws pills at me when I go.  I had told him it didn't feel like muscle issues but he insisted I did, which I may.  My pain is consistent now especially when extending my arm forward; driving my car, typing on the computer.  I have also been experiencing popping sounds in my neck at the exact location of the pain.  Yesterday I was driving my boat and hit a wave and had pain almost like I had been stung by a bee.  The pain is tolerable with ibuprofen however I don't want to take it everyday I know it is bad for you.  The pain doesn't come instantly with any specific movement.  I don't know what the cause is please if any one has any info let me know THANKS!!!!
Sounds like a pinched nerve in your neck, a referral to Physical Therapy might be in order. A good experienced Therapist can help.