Hurt my neck 6 months ago and still hurts
Wondering if this has happened to anyone else.  About 6 months ago I was shoveling a very large snow storm at my house and while shoveling over a large snow bank I was getting stabbing pains in my neck just to the right side of my spine.  It continued to happen but I had to remove the snow so I continued.  The pain is shoulder high.  I went to my primary care and he had me do a few stretches and he said I was having muscle spasms, I left there with a prescription of valium and ibuprofen.  The pain has never gone away and I didn't go back to my doctor because I don't feel as thought he takes the time to listen he just throws pills at me when I go.  I had told him it didn't feel like muscle issues but he insisted I did, which I may.  My pain is consistent now especially when extending my arm forward; driving my car, typing on the computer.  I have also been experiencing popping sounds in my neck at the exact location of the pain.  Yesterday I was driving my boat and hit a wave and had pain almost like I had been stung by a bee.  The pain is tolerable with ibuprofen however I don't want to take it everyday I know it is bad for you.  The pain doesn't come instantly with any specific movement.  I don't know what the cause is please if any one has any info let me know THANKS!!!!
Sounds like a pinched nerve in your neck, a referral to Physical Therapy might be in order. A good experienced Therapist can help.