I broke my coccyx in July 2008
I injured my coccyx in July while playing ultimate frisbee and went to a Sports Medicine Doctor.  The x-ray revealed a broken coccyx.  It has been an extremely painful recovery. I followed the doctors orders, rest, heat, donut pillow, comfortable shoes.  After 2 visits to the doctor I continue to have pain, is this normal after 4 months?  When I wake up in the morning it is the worst and I have to sit leaning forward in order to not roll back on my coccyx because it hurts. I even get numbness and tingling in my left thigh from sitting.  I am an active, healthy 30 year old female but find myself less active due to this injury and still in pain.   What should I do?

I know exactly how you feel. I broke my coccyx and it hurt for a year before I was able to really get some help. Most doctors believe it will heal on its own. Well mine didnt. I tried the doughnut, injections, and anything else you could think of and no help. Finally after a year of pain I was able to have surgery and had my coccyx removed. Now I have no pain and my life back. I was a healthy 30yr old too so I know what you are going through. Please visit www.coccyx.org for knowledge and support from others going through the same thing and you can read my whole story there just type in cobb. I wish you a quick recovery.
After a bad fall from a horse, I also broke my coccyx and know that there is no pain like it.  Ultimately, I had it removed.  I can no longer swing from trees, which was the only historic use for the bone, but that pain is now gone.