L4-5 and L5-S1 disc
My MRI reports the following:
At L4-5, there is broad based disc bulge and superimposed small central disc protrusion slightly indenting the ventral thecal sac.  There is mild narrowing of the spinal canal with no foraminal stenosis.
At L5-S1, there is disc space narrowing with mild broad based disc bulge.  There is superimposed moderate size tight paracentral disc protrusion which mildly indents the right ventral thecal sac and slightly narrows the tight lateral recess likely compressing the traversing right S1 nerve root to a small degree.  There is mild right foraminal stenosis with no left foraminal stenosis.
Impression: Moderate sized right paracentral disc protrusion at L5-S1 causing some compression on the traversing right S1 nerve root.  More mild central disc protrusion at the L4-5.

I have had pain from my right buttock down to my ankle for the past year.  numbness to my right foot and weakness to the right leg and foot.  Decreased reflexes to the right leg as well.  Do I sound like a candidate for surgery?  I am on a waiting list for an orthopedic surgeon that is about one year away and the pain is driving me crazy.  I feel like I have tried everything to fix this problem and am worried that in a year I will be told surgery won't help and I will be like this forever!
I am 21 year old girl.. for the past 2 years i have severe problem in left knee and i saw md doctor He diagnosed me this following problem in mri scan " mild left posterolateral and posterocentral disc protrusion at l4/l5 and l5/s1 levels slightly identing left lateral recess and thecalsac" He said to me that you should take tablets for 3 years ..my question is i feel more pain i cant even stand for 5 minutes.. wat should i do now.. your answer would be much useful for me