Back & Neck Community
Large breasts and back

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Large breasts and back

I am about 5'0" tall, small-med build and I have 40DD breasts and a family history of back problems to top it all off. I, oh from the time I was about 14 I had very large breasts I started developing at 7.

Now I am little bit over weight but my breasts, as crazy as it sounds is like a large percentage of what the scale says. They're so heavy.

This has become a problem, because as I enter the working world I am realizing how much of an issue this is. I can't get warehouse work - period because by the end of the day I'll be in bed for an entire day after, I know I've done things on my feet all day. Sitting is a little better, but even when I'm sitting or laying on my stomach or on my side my back is in so much pain within 20-30 minutes of sitting. ... I'm only 18. I can only imagine it getting worse, and I've met with a personal trainer and she told me that I won't loose that much in my breasts because I'm not that over weight in the rest of my body and I just naturally have very large breasts --- (I didn't start gaining weight 'till a few years ago).

>.< it's so hard to explain.

Anyways - it's very bad & I'm not sure what to do? =( Sometimes I feel like crying it hurts so bad and I just don't have any extra funds for things, ya know?
Oh, please help!
I would have a breast reduction; I work in surgery and see it often.  You would be completely satisfied with the results!  Do you have insurance?  It is covered when they take off a specific weight, which shouldn't be a problem with you.  
My daughter has special needs, and has developed breasts that are also in the D or DD range.  She is 5'1" and somewhat overweight, 129 lbs.  Do you know people who have had this done?  Is the surgery done by plastic surgeon or what specialist should she see?  She is still only 15 years old; what age would be appropriate, do you know?  If anyone, knows, please respond.  Thanks, Mom, Chap22
If any one at all knows who I should contact - I DO have ins. coverage until November (I didn't know that!) YAY!!!!!!!
I just don't know who to contact first. I mean I suppose I wouldn't mind traveling but you know I am unemployed & funds are small so if I can stay in the Dallas area would be nice.
Karina: This past January, I had a breast reduction - which was the BEST thing that I have ever done for myself. I have had 3 back surgeries and, until the surgery, was almost constantly in pain.  My measurement at the time of surgery was 40F. Being 61 yrs old, I can tell you I was starting to have the droops. My breasts were very heavy. There were so many things that I could not do because of my size. Surgery was
covered by insurance because of the back problems. If you ever decide, please do it now. Do not wait until my age because it never gets better. My surgeon was great. Her name is Dr. Jennifer Buck, Palm Harbor.
I don't want to wait, I'd like to do it NOW. This month even, but I dont even know who to contact.
I wish I could recommend you Dr. Oliver here in Birmingham.  I don't know of any good ones out that way, but I could find out tomorrow if you want me to.  I'm sure he can give me a referral to someone good out in Texas.  send a note my way if you want me to get it for you....  The whole process may take a few weeks.  I mean, you would need to see the dr. first then get it approved by your insurance.
I've been in on cases where we've taken off almost 20 lbs-it was like 9 1/2 lb off each side!!  She looked 100% better too!