Back & Neck Community
Left shoulder blade and neck

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Left shoulder blade and neck

The top of my left shoulder is quite painful to the touch. I've tried ibuprofen tablets and gel, also paracetamol and codeine tablets. I've previously had some worries about chest pain being angina although all tests for this are negative. The pain goes into my neck a bit when I press my shoulder, I'm fairly happy this pain is not heart related. But wonder what I can do to treat it.
Have u had ur trapizeis (sp) muscle checked? I too experience similar pain and have had my trapizeis muscle messed up among other things.
THanks for your answer. I've not had anything checked yet, was only able to phone up NHS direct and their advice was ibuprofen and cocodamol. I cannot easily see a doctor as its next to impossible to get time off my work. In fact its difficult enugh to get time off work for hospital appointments!

Any ideas on alterbatives to ibuprofen as I think my body seems to react badly to it sometimes and would rather avoid taking it?