Lower Back Nerve Ablation
Had a radio frequency ablation on Wednesday. Was just as easy as getting the shots.. My story is I have had a pinched nerve in my back (lower) that has made in near impossible to sit down and then stand up again.. 63 years old and still like staying somewhat active ... I have not had any more pain than normal and it seems to be lessening .For any one else who has had the nerve ablation how long did it take for the nerve to totally die off where all the pain was gone???
Hi!
Usually pain relief after radiofrequency ablation is experienced within first 24 hours. Maximum benefit is felt within a week. However, complete pain relief is seen in only about 70% cases. The pain relief effect may last 6-12 months or may last for years too in some individuals.

It is best to start physiotherapy and exercises to strengthen the back. Please consult your doctor regarding this. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.