Back & Neck Community
MRI Cervical spine
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

MRI Cervical spine

Thanks for taking the time to look over my question. For the past 12 months i have been experiancing a tingling/burning sensation in my feet along with slight weakness in my arms and legs. In addition i get occasional muscle spasms and twitches which makle it difficult to get a full nights sleep.

I visited my doctors who ordered a number of blood tests for RA, b12, calcuim etc and in addition ordered an MRI of my brain and cervical spine.

the blood tests came back normal, the brain Mri was normal however the MRI of the spien revealed the following.

the blood tests came back normal, the brain Mri was normal however the MRI of the spine revealed the following.

No MR evidence of intrinsic cervical or upper thoracic cord signal abnormality.

Cervical bodies are normal in height and signal intensity.  Mild posterior annulus bludging exists at the c4/c5 level. No evidence of significant disc protrusion, spinal canal stenosis or foromanal stenosis.

Within the thoracic region , there is multilevel disc degeneration with annulus bulging  and end plate irregularity.
At  t2/3 there is a shallow 2.5mm right posterolateral protrusion.
At t3/4 there is a 4mm left posterolateral protrusion deforming the ventral cord surface
At t4/5 a 2.5mm left posterolateral protrusion is present.
At t5.6 there is posterior bulging with a shallow bulge/protrusion

Had mild back pain the in past, on the left mid back region, I kayak a lot so I thought it may have been related to that . .

I guess im just seeking guidance as to weather the above mentioned findings could be related to my symptoms and if I should follow up with an surgeon or just leave it ?

i have included a couple of scans of the MR images. Im not sure how helpful they are

http://image66.webshots.com/766/9/14/40/2486914400101928552rxUuZg_fs.jpg
http://image62.webshots.com/662/7/15/98/2564715980101928552pvrQQE_fs.jpg
http://image66.webshots.com/766/0/13/67/2743013670101928552UziQGQ_fs.jpg

i appreciate you taking the time to look

Tags: spine, MRI