Muscle spasm and pain under shoulder blade
For over a year now I've slowly had more and more pain under my right shoulder to the point when I wake up it starts to spasm.  Lately my friend has been giving me deep tissue massage right over the blade, and when she presses hard along the upper ridge of the shoulder blade, it really smarts...very much under spasm...I've had an x-ray to rule out some things but that's it...

Can anyone suggest what this might be?  And a course of action???   I'm thinking of demanding an MRI?
I have had reoccuring back pain that seemed to be under my shoulder.
It felt like a spasms. It would hurt to breath. It felt like a knife was sticking me in the back. I would get it for what seemed like no reason. I too had x-ray which showed no issue. It happen to me last year on vacation. I had never been to a Chiropractor but went in hopes of saving some vacation time. When I told them the issue I was having the knew right away what it was.  I had a torn a rib head. It is a muscle that is attached to both the spin and your ribs. The muscle can pull away form the bone and hurt like a mother. Once it happens once it can happen easier as that conection is weaker.  When I would get this it would kill for about a 10day then just hurt for another 6.  The Chriropractor was able to have me feeling good in 3 to 4 days.
I too am having issues trying to figure out why I am having shortness of breath. It has been going on for about 5 days now and I believe there are many reasons why. Running in 10 degree weather while doing more running this day than usual, was my first mistake. However, this is a reason for possible lung damage, but my lungs feel fine. my upper back and small areas of my ribs seem affected the most and it is happening at wavelike intervals. Having my youngest daughter walk on my back gives me instant, yet temporary relief. Most of the pain is located behind my (excuse the lingo) right "wing" bone for the most part but is spread across my whole upper back. The pain seems to be on the inside wall of my back more than a surface pain. I went to the emergency room initially but all tests were negative (ekg, bloodwork, chest x-ray). I did have a panic attack the first time it really flared up thinking it might be a heart attack. I actually hyperventilated and that really scared the hell out of me. knowing that all tests were negative is allowing me to keep my cool now, but that isn't taking the tightness away. I have an appointment  on the 3rd with the chiropractor. I am hoping to get at least an idea of what may be wrong. I truely believe it is spasming muscles for whatever reason. I will share any info I learn after my appointment........ Wish me luck (fingers crossed).