Muscluar Pain or Fibromylgia
I had a MRI done on my lower back it showed just little bone or disk problems, no more than just normal ageing, I am 40.  But I have severe lower back pain, in the muscles on both sides of the spine.  I was dignosed with fibromylgia about 10 years ago, and i have been through a lot of doctors trying to find someone to help me.  My quality of life *****.  I have an 11 year old boy who does not have  the kind of mom that he deserves b/c I am in so much pain.  The docs I see for the most part just simply don't belive me.  I also have other health issues, but they don't affect me as much as my back does.  I do not know what to do.  I think that there has got to be something serieous wrong with my muscle.  I have had nerve tests dones, but but it just showed mild nerve issue at L4/5, but the MRI discount that.  I do not know what to do now.  Please help!!!!
I am sorry to hear of your continued health problems.  The fact that you were diagnosed with fibromyalgia so long ago may be the reason doctors are not looking further into your current problems.  Fibromyalgia is a complex situation and pain can be located in many different areas of the body with flare-ups in localized areas.
The MRI has ruled out major disc and nerve problems.  You may still have issues with muscular myofascial pain.  Chronic myofascial pain can produce trigger points in the affected muscles as well as secondary trigger points in other areas leading to referred pain.
Has anyone attempted to do trigger point massage or injections?  What kind of medications are you currently taking for the pain?  Muscle relaxants and a combination of physical therapy and trigger point therapy has been helpful for some individuals.
Perhaps a referral to a pain management specialist will help you further.
Best wishes ----