Back & Neck Community
Neck Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Neck Pain

I have been having neck pain for about four months.  It feels like a rash and I keep having to massage it with my hands.  The problem is the pain moves around my neck.  One day it is on the right side of my voice box  Another day it is on the left.  It is not abating and I am getting very fed up.  I have been to the doctor several times and there is nothing immediately wrong with me.  My heart rate is fine as is my white cell count.  I appear healthy but my neck is constantly sore and the soreness is in different locations every day.  Please can anyone help as my doctor does not take me seriously.  They have suggested it is physco-symatic but I am not stressed, I enjoy life (other than the pain) and do not feel depressed (which they suggested)  Please can anyone help me as this is so annoying