Back & Neck Community
Neck and dizziness???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Neck and dizziness???

I have had some neck pain for about a year now and I have also has some dizziness every few months when I bend my head down or sideways sometimes. I also have recently have had some werid dizziness while sleeeping. It almost feels like my body  is moving and then when I open my eyes everyhting is fine....then sometimes when i bend my neck over and close my eyes it feels like my body is ,moving again. the dizzines happens when I bend my neck over and hold it there for a while then it will get sort of dizzy?? the dizziness isnt everyday or even every week...it happens every few months and it happens everytime i move my neck in a direction. i have been to a balance speicaliist and he told me I don't have an inner ear problem and I took a hearing test and that was fine too. so they don't think it is an inner ear problem...soo could it be from a bad neck...last year I went to physical therapy and they told me I had c4 and c5 neck were out of alignment. soo maybe that could be the cause?? does anyone know what it means to have dizziness when sleeping and then open ur eyes and everyhting is fine??? please someone help me...doctors nurses anyone please help!!!!!!!
Tags: help
please someone help
Dizziness can definitely be caused by Cervical spine problems, and the fact that it happens when you move your neck a certain way, pretty much confirms it. When you move neck a certain way, a nerve is probably being compressed.

Sorry, I don't know anything about dizziness and sleeping. If you have a family doctor, that would be a good place to start. Since your neck pain correlates with the dizziness, maybe some imaging test would be in order.

Take Care
thanks for responding...I think I am going to go to the doctors to see what they say...thanks for your help!!!