Back & Neck Community
Neck clicking

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Neck clicking

Hey, I went to a physiotherapist about 2 weeks ago due to neck pain. He said to me that it's most likely muscle related and gave me exercises to do. The exercises haven't offered much improvement and I've also noticed then when I'm standing up and look downwards (as if trying to put my chin on my chest) and turn my head side-to-side it clicks on the way to the right and back to the middle. I can hear it and feel it.
Tags: Neck, clicking
I'm 20 by the way.
Does the clicking feel high in your neck and can hear  it (this sounds funny) inside your head. If so try a chiropractor who specializes in the atlas/axis. It can be a spasm that is causing your neck to misalign, Or it can be the top vertebrae out of place, causing the spasm. We never know if the cart is before the horse or vice verse. At your age this could be helped but left alone it can be a real problem as you age.
Would an osteopath suffice?
If I press my fingers relatively firmly on the back on my neck when I do it it seems to dampen the click vastly, or entirely.

Paranoid there's something really wrong :l
Yes a D.O. is fine, I have one as my primary doctor. Sometimes a chiro who specializes in the atlas/axis can be better. Pressing on my neck and stretching and popping it relieves it sometimes. Problems with the atlas/axis can be very nervy related, after all that where our spinal cords get bigger at the brain stem. Do you have a nervous stomach? also look in spinal decompression of the neck, also usually at the chiro's office.

What are you doing medical wise right now for this?
I'm phoning my physio to make an appointment tomorrow. He's been on holiday prior to xmas, and it was a public holiday today.
Great let the forum know what they said.
Can't contact them or make an appointment until the 5th of January...
While your waiting Google these.  Spinal Decompression, cold or low level laser, Atlas/Axis cervical spine, Mayofacial Release, (this one sounds funny) Cervical hole in one. Doctors are going to look at you funny even a D.O. Sometime we need to take things in our own hands. The insurance co. can tie our hands, and the doctors. What do you have for insurance?