Osteophytic ridging C4-5
Could you answer this question for me please.  I was diagnosed with C4-5 paracentral disc herniation with mild to moderate cord compression 2 years ago. Just 2 days ago on new MRI, the hernia was shown to have shrunken, resolution of the compression and now paracentrally, right to midline is osteophytic ridging.  

I am in even more pain and I am seeking neurosurgical consult. I am seeing pain management and they have just switched me to Fentanyl patch 12.5 mcg. to start.  I have radiculopathy that goes up into my head.

Question is, could this osteophytic ridging take the place of the pain I am getting if the hernia seemd to have shrunk ?
Thanking you for your kind opinion.
Degenerative changes of the spine can range from disc bulges to larger disc herniations and can include development of osteophytes or bone spurs.

Whether your symptoms are a result of the osteophytic ridging you have described would be dependent on the location and size of the bone hypertrophy.  

Based on the prolonged history of symptoms (2 yrs), a neurosurgical consult may be beneficial in determining if your condition could be improved with surgical intervention.

Chronic pain presents with physical and emotional challenges.  Hopefully you will obtain information that can assist you in decreasing your persistent pain.

Keep us posted on your progress ----