Pain in Lower Neck Gets Worse When Bending
I have a pain in my lower neck around my thyroid and trachea. It started rather suddenly, about two days ago, and it gets worse when I bend over or push my head forward. It also seems to get worse when I stand up or take deep breaths. I've been to the doctor and they are doing some tests on my thyroid. Does anyone have any other ideas? Ibuprofen doesn't seem to help much.

The only other symptoms I've had recently are some unexplained arm spasms which seem to be mostly gone, and extra dry skin by my eyelids in the past six months.
Definately get a thyroid function test done and ultrasound of your thyroid by your doctor. I started off with the same symptoms 5 weeks ago I had to have a total thyroidectomy as I had troubles breathing and swallowing sometimes I would choke on food. I couldn't sleep properly nerves jumping in my arms legs and neck and I was also diagnosed in 2007 as vit D deficient. I was put on vit D alone for the first 3 years then Glaucasomine was added also but neither helped. I had numerous nodules in both sides of my thyroid which were causing all the problems. Please keep me updated. Good Luck I hope it's sorted out for you very soon.
I am no expert but try McKenzie exercises. YOu can find PTs who know that stuff and you can buy his book. Anyways consult with your doctor first. Good luck and let me know if it helps