Back & Neck Community
Pain in right side, above hip and lower back

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Probably not the right community, but hoping you can point me in the right direction.

For the last 4 months, every morning when I wake up I have what appears to be muscle pain just above my right hip and it radiates around to my lower back.  The pain is not apparent during the day while I'm moving about, except during this same time-frame, my Chiropractor has not been able to perform one of his typical "moves" where he puts me on my left side and twists my body by applying pressure to my hip.  Until 4 months ago, this was something that always worked well, however now, it is painful (in my muscles just above my right hip).

I haven't visited a doctor yet because the pain isn't chronic, but it's starting to concern me.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
It is always recommended that persistent pain without a definite cause be further investigated.  Even though it is intermittent, the severity of the pain needs to be evaluated by appropriate diagnostic tests such as x-rays or an MRI.
You don't indicate your age or any other medical conditions, but the symptoms can be possibly related to osteoarthritis of the hip.  Best to make an appt with your doctor to reduce the risk of the condition becoming worse and escalating to a chronic problem.
Best wishes ----