Back & Neck Community
Painful Toothache/ Lyrica

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Painful Toothache/ Lyrica

My wife is in excruciating pain, Advil is NOT working. She feels the pain on the whole side of her face, head and neck.
Our neighbor gave her (1) LYRiCA capsule, and told her it would ease her pain. I don't think she should take it but at this point she will do anything to stop the pain. LYRiCA is a pain relief for fibromyalgia and diabetic nerve pain. Any word of advice? You would think a 24 hour emergency dentist means just that. We were told to tuff it out till the morning.....SUPER,  OUTSTANDING WELL DONE Mr. Dentist.  
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your wife’s medical problems. If the cause of pain is an exposed nerve root in tooth then most pain killers would be ineffective. Also, it is best to go to ER and not take pain prescriptions like Lyrica without medical consultation. Clove oil is helpful to some extent and so are pain relief dental local anesthetic gels.
However, if the pain is due to a pinched nerve in neck, it is best to take a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory such as tylenol, ibuprofen, or naproxen, use warm compress and a pain relief gel alternating with each other. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.