SI Joint RFA
After 5 years of unsuccessful treatments, I finally found a Doctor that could give me some answers. He did some diagnostic injections and then decided the best course of treatment would be RFA. That was done a little over a week ago. I was under a mild anesthesia, as they wanted to be able to communicate with me during the procedure, came home more sore than I have ever felt, and although the pain has somewhat subsided, I am still in pain more than I am used to. I don't have my follow up until the end of next week. I don't like taking pain meds as it just makes me more tired. The anti-inflamitories I take maybe once or twice a day, but I'm not a big pill taker. Ice packs have been packed as a regular for work now. Can anyone give me any insight as to when the pain will subside? They say I may start to see something at week 3. How about mild exercises to help progress things along? Thanks in advance!
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your medical problems. After RFA the pain and sensations may remain for 10-14 days. Physical therapy should be started only after pain subsides substantially. Thereafter strengthening the muscles and ligaments around the pain area helps reduce the pain. Please discuss the best course with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Dr. Mathur, thanks for the thoughts. That is what they told me. Just seems frustrating is all. Do you recommend asking them to recommend PT?