Back & Neck Community
Severe lower back, hip and leg pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Severe lower back, hip and leg pain

For the past 3 weeks I have been having severe lower back pain. within the last 2 weeks I have hip and leg pain on my left side all radiating downward from my lower back. my question is what could be causing this pain. some 18 years ago i was in a car accident that result in a lower back injury and I have had back pain from time to time but nothing like this. I can not bend or stoop with out pain even sitting or standing causes severe pain. when I walk or stand for more than 15 or 20 minutes the pain is just horrible. Could you possibly tell me what could be the cause of this pain and what type of doctor I should seek out to get some help with this
HI! It sounds like to me you have sciatica (nerve flare up) I  have suffered from it for 8yrs. now. Mine is caused from a bulging disc and a herniated disc w/nerve impingment in my lumbar spine. It can be very painful. You should see your doc. especally if you have any tingling or numbness in your leg. It could go away on its own or it could be a sign of a more serious problem.    
Hi, I have the same pain I fell 13feet from the air air work from a platform ladder breaking my back and ankle between the fiblia and Tiblia. Which was in surgical term; Vertebral corpectomy, T12-L1 and L1-L2 diskectomy, L1 corpectomy, L1 spinal canal decompression, T12-L2 arthrodesis, placement of the synthes metal expandable cage and anterolateral plate. And I encounter infection in the pin site of the ankle.  And get this, it happen in 2005 some doctors are jokes and uncompassion, Because my old doctor should have listen to me when i told him my ankle was warm because I could a staph infection in the hospital.  Then moving to this new town I found a good doctor and he went back into my ankle and found to pieces of splinters (wood) that was there since 2005 that I pick up in the hospital. I'm a worker's comp injury worker it's alot people don't know. They need to know their rights.  But back to the pain right now I have a good doctor for my pain he's trying to do whatever it takes I'm requesting a block because I don't want to be cut on again.
A related discussion, Definitely Sciatica! was started.