Back & Neck Community
Severe lower back, leg and foot pain and numbness.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

A little introduction of myself.  I'm a 27 year old male.  5'10" 240 lbs.  I lived an active lifestyle before the pains started occurring.  

About 5 months ago, my right butt cheek and lower back (right side) started to feel very weak and numb.  I had sharp pain going down my leg if I tried to extend my right leg in a stretch.  I didn't really think much of it and just went on with my life.  In my line of work, we would have to stand for about an hour at a time and that seemed to make it worse so I asked for time off to rest my body.  I eventually got let go due to call outs from the pain.  

Today, my pain is unbearable.  I have been stuck in bed for the passed 2 weeks and cam barely move without pain in my lower back and leg.  I dont have health insurance anymore since my job had been the provider.  Lost that.  The passed 2 days the pain has been even worse.  I was able to crawl around the house to get to the bathroom and such.  2 days ago, I was sitting on the toilet taking care of my business and my whole right leg went completely numb.  It has been numb ever since.  The following morning I woke up to an extremely painful burning sensation in my leg and it was even worse in my foot.  I was screaming in agony and swearing perfusely.  I have never felt that much pain ever.  After about an hour it subsided.  Ive had 3 more of these painful episodes the last 2 days.  I am scared.  I do not have insurance and my father just got laid off.  Are there any home remedies for whatever my condition is?  I need to start working again.  My father is too old to find a job.  I was the main financial provider for me and him.  Please help!
sounds like your sciatic nerve, which can be very painful, and require strong pankillers, another option is ms...which cause numbness tingling.....if its a muscle problem, i would try getting volteran emulgel - lotion for pain #1