Back & Neck Community
Tailbone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Tailbone

So I badly bruised my tailbone like right along the crack about a year and a couple months ago  and it hurt like no other at first but then after a while it would hurt when I sat in a certain position for a long time, but nothing that hurt extremely bad. It was just a dull pain that would last like a couple minutes. But I recently bumped my tailbone in the same spot again, but extremely softly like barely at all, and now it hurts to walk it hurts to sit and squat. Not as bad as when I first innitailly bruised it at all, but I just don't know why it still hurts when normally these are said to heal within like 8 weeks or so.
Well, it sounds as if you reinjured your coccyx before it could fully heal. The area is still sensitized to pain because it was not fully healed.

Try not to bang it again. Find a comfortable donut or pillow for sitting and avoid high-impact sports.

Because there's not much blood supply to these fused bones, fractures take a long time to heal. Give it the time it needs to heal, and you'll be glad you did many years down the road.