Upper back pain and numbness in hands/fingers
I recently was working and hand 3 vertibrae in my back between my shoulder blades pop, and now I am having tingling and numbness in my fingers and hands, especially when I raise my arms above my head.  When they are not numb, my hands and fingers throbb, along with the area that popped in my back.   My company sent me to a workman's comp doc who seemed like he didn't even want to see me.  He did have x-rays taken that came out ok, but suggested a MRI, which hasn't been scheduled yet.  I mainly would like any information of what might be going on and what might happen.
Work comp injuries are governed by applicable state laws.  Although you may be required to see the company's doctor for an initial period, you do have the right to choose your own medical provider for further medical evaluation and treatment.  If you are uncertain regarding the procedures of work comp, check with the human resources dept and get assistance.

Until the recommended imaging tests are completed it would be difficult to assess the source of your current symptoms.  X-rays may be helpful in assessing for any structural damage, but more detailed imaging such as the MRI is needed to determine if there is any nerve involvement which could be related to the numbness and other sensory changes you may be experiencing.

The probabilities include muscle/ligament strain/sprain or possible disc injuries.
The MRI films will hopefully assist the physicians in making a definitive diagnosis and treatment recommendations.  

Post again with an update including the findings of your MRI and we will try and provide additional assistance.