Upper left back/neck/shoulder/arm pain
I have had upper left back pain for over a year now and feel like I've tried everything,.  Been to chiropractors, physical therapists, had an MRI, contrast MRI, x-rays, EMG, taken steroids, muscle relaxers, had epidural steroid shots, trigger point injections.

It started with pain, out of nowhere, between my left shoulder blade and spine.  Then my neck and upper back muscles started hurting.  It now effects those places and my shoulder, upper arm, sometimes my lower arm and even my fingers.  I wouldn't say I have tingling or numbness.

I have what I call "zingers", and they are the most horrible, stop me in my tracks, pain.  They happen from something as simple as having my head turned a little, and moving my jaw the wrong way, to when something startles me and I move my head fast.  They can happen any little thing I do and they often drop me to my knees and have my in tears.

I take Advil about every 6 hours, but it's starting to lose it's power.  Tylenol has almost no effect.  

I just want pain relief.  I am open to anything, I am just desperate to cure my back pain.

Any comments/advice would be so appreciated.

Lori
This is just a shot in the dark but have you been checked for nerve disorders or disease? I have nerve damage in my legs, groin and feet area and experience these zingers every so often as you call them. In my case it is my nerves becoming hyperactive due to the loss of feeling. I hope you can discover what is wrong with you soon. Best wishes, Sissie
Thank you for the comment Sissie!  I will definitely mention that, the next doctor I see!!! :|  Do you think that when I had an EMG a couple months ago, that that would have caught any nerve disorder or disease, or maybe it's something more in-depth than that that needs to be done?  I thought for sure when I had the EMG, that they would find something, because I really did figure it was my nerves, so I was disappointed when all was well with the results....I know something's wrong in there, so I wish they could figure it out.
The EMG may or may not have shown the problem. Did they do a Nerve conduction study also? EMG test the muscles and NCS test the nerves. I hope this info is helpful. If they did not do a NCS I would ask the dr to schedule one. They can be painful though and for either test you should not take any pain meds at all before the test. I hope you are diagnosed soon. Best wishes, Sissie
While at it, you may also want to experience alternative TCM acupuncture to help manage the pain, it may provide you with some adjunct relief.  
Never heard of an NCS, thank you.  I will be calling tomorrow.  I had a medial branch block this afternoon and finally decided to take something before the 6 hours was up, as I was in so much pain.  

I should look into acupuncture, that is something I haven't done yet.

Thanks so much!
I can't believe they didn't do the NCS lol wow. From all I know the EMG only test muscle contraction the NCS test the nerve reaction. I hope you are diagnosed soon!! Best wishes, Sissie