Back & Neck Community
Upper right back discomfort.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Upper right back discomfort.

I have been having a knawing feeling in the upper right side of my back, kind of where my kidney or lung would be, not sure.  It is a feeling like something is in the way.  I had my gallbladder check out in Oct, and all was fine, along with a colonoscopy, and an endoscopy of my stomach, all which were fine.  My recent blood work came back fine, they checked liver, kidney, white count, sugar, all was good. Also one time at the docs they put a device on my index finger to check lung functioning, which was at 100 % so that was good.  I have never been a smoker, however, during my early twenties I did smoke occassionaly.   I am going to the doctors next week but wanted to send this along. I am 48 female and in relatively good health.  I am about 30-40 pounds overweight which I am working on losing.  Thanks for any advice you can send my way.  I just preworry alot and just wanted to see what you thought.  Thanks Genia!!
Tags: cough
Have you had a cough lately?  Do you have a rash where it hurts? Do you remember what you were doing when it started?
Everyonce in awhile I will have a cough, but I feel that it is usually tied to congestion, no rash though, and really don't remember when this started, probably about 1-2months ago, but only once in awhile.  It is not every day it bothers me.  However, I have been noticing that if I do anything that requires muscle, like undecorating the house, taking down the tree, than it seems to flare up.  I do sometimes get a tighting in my chest, but my heart is in good shape according to the last EKG I had in October. I will go to the docs on wednesday and hopefully get a good report...or at least some resolution...Happy New Year!  :o)
Sounds more like a mucsle pull or lack of excercise(weak muscles)I would say pluresy(can't spell)if you've had a hard dry cough for awhile. Maybe an allergy.  Write down when it bothers you, what were you doing at the time and what was the environment or weather like, what did you eat at the time. Bring the info to your Dr. appt. Hope you get some answers soon.
All check out fine at the doc's.  She ruled out anything major, and she feels like you do that it could be muscular.  She also suggest maybe going to the chiro. for some relief.  However, some of this may have been "mental" since I went to the docs and got the okay I seem to be "feeling better" go figure.  I know I am a big worrier but did not know how much that can affect you mentally.  I do have to go to one more appt and that is the ENT just to make sure no polups (sp?) are not present, since I still have the hoarsness in my voice.  So hopefully all will be fine I will keep you posted.  Thanks for the advice! :o)
Glad that you are feeling better.  Yes worrying does effect how you feel. I can worry myself into every disease out there! LOL Laughing can effect how you feel too, make you feel better!
Glad that you are feeling better.  Yes worrying does effect how you feel. I can worry myself into every disease out there! LOL Laughing can effect how you feel too, makes you feel better!