Back & Neck Community
Vitamin D

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Vitamin D

I have seen an orthopedic surgeon for a few years; I have had lower back problems for years, sacroiliac, bulging discs and no fluid between my 4th, 5th and 6th discs.  I’m actually from the Auto immune community but felt compelled to write in the Back and neck community.  My Rheumatologist checked my Vitamin D levels and anything under 32 is considered dangerous.  Mine came back a 7.5. I was put on 50,000 iu’s of Vitamin D a day this is prescription only, they said it was so low that normal vitamins would not help.  I’m amazed that my back problems have gone away.  I always though it was just something that I would have to live with.  I’m writing to your community to ask people to have the test run, I was amazed to find out that its not just a test that is ran automatically. There are many reasons why you may loose your vitamin D levels.  I have not felt this good since I was in my 20’s and just wanted to let you all know They are finding that low vitamin d levels contribute to several diseases such as Cancer, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson, Rheumatoid Arthritis.  I hope this helps others. I’m so amazed in the difference that I feel.