Weight Lifting after Bulging Disc recovery?
As a follow up question to my original post below, I was wondering if anyone knows if its possible to start a heavy weight lifting routine after recovering from a bulging disc?   I realize that at the moment I have several weeks of physical therapy before I can even think about doing anything heavy excersize, BUT, will it be possible to eventually begin a weight lifting routine?  

It's something that is very very important to me and I would like to think that I will be able to get to that point. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Original post:

I learned today from my doctor that I have at least two bulging discs (cervical 4th and 5th).  I have had mild pressure, tightness, soreness in my upper to mid back for a couple of months.  

They told me to try physical therapy for 6 weeks to see if that helps.

My question is, could long term poor posture, and very poor sitting posture be the cause of these bulges?  My posture has been especially bad this summer as I have been home a lot in front the computer on my couch.

Also, what is the long term outlook for me as a 34 year old?  The doctor said this is something that never goes away.  Is it possible to heal these?

I'm 34 and obviously depressed about this.  What should I realistically expect?